As Nurse Next Door’s Controller, you will support a rapidly growing organization with your combined business acumen and strong accounting background. Your passion for financial analytics and business performance will ensure the Nurse Next Door leadership team is able to make clear business decisions. This will support the organization in its vision of becoming a global organization in the next 3-5 years.
Role Mission: You provide financial expertise to the leadership team to help the organization make clear business decisions. Numbers come alive to you and you love to figure out the story they tell. You are a committed team player looking for a new opportunity that aligns with your professional development goals and purpose, Making Lives Better.
What will you lead in 2017?
- Consistent, timely and accurate monthly & quarterly financial reporting
- Provide guidance and leadership to the finance team by overseeing monthly processes: month-end, receivables, payables, payroll, audit and tax filings
- Responsible for ongoing financial forecasts, annual budget process and long-term financial plan
- Investigate and provide clear explanations to the leadership team on financial performance
- Streamline finance department, workflows and processes
- Perform monthly consolidation of all corporate entities – both in US and Canada and provide necessary variance analyses
- Manage financial audit activities for the company and coordinate with professional advisors & auditors as needed
- Manage and comply with government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Responsible for cash management and assist CFO with FX strategy and execution
- Assist the CFO with shareholder and board level communications and financial reports
- Establish and monitor appropriate financial and business metrics and coordinate with IT and BI teams to align on business KPIs and financial performance
- Provide regular risk assessment and evaluation of results for effective business decision making
- Perform periodic reviews of processes & procedures to ensure strong routines and controls are in place and being followed
- Assist our franchise partners with growing their businesses and managing profits
What will you bring to Nurse Next Door?
- Bring a collaborative and team-based approach and enjoy a lively work environment
- Experience with accounting systems such as Quickbooks, ACCPAC, or Great Plains
- Experience in developing key financial reports and consolidation skills
- At least 5 years of experience in Senior Accounting and Financial Reporting (CMA, CPA, CA)
- Industry experience considered an asset
- Outstanding leadership / presentation / facilitation / communication / resourcefulness skills
- Computer proficiency – Excel, Word, Powerpoint, General Ledger Systems, Google
- Reports to CFO
- Cross-Functional Relationships: Finance team, Leadership team
- Direct reports: None
- External: Auditors, Lenders, Advisors
- Ability to grow your career
- Family fun work environment with All Star Parties and team events
- Weekly recognition, heart stars/flowerbucks (internal currency you can trade in for prizes), Dreams Program
- Medical, Dental, Health & Wellness Benefits
Got your attention now? Email your resume and cover letter detailing why you would be perfect for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal employer. Nurse Next Door is located in a wheelchair friendly building.