Culture at Nurse Next Door
- You will process bi-weekly payroll at HeartQuarters for a team of 100+ and semi-monthly payroll at our corporate location for a team of 300+
- Process new hires, employee changes, terminations, manual payments
- Maintain the benefit plan enrollment and termination, as well as reconciling monthly benefit invoice and balance statement.
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial regulations and maintain payroll accounts(i.e. Workers compensation, EHT, etc.) for all provinces/states.
- Implement operating procedures for all payroll, benefit and insurance processes with direction from Human Resources.
- Prepare and produce payroll journal entries as well as monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Report to Controller and Corporate Locations Senior Accountant on actual spend to budget for payroll accounts.
- Perform periodic reviews of processes & procedures to ensure strong & efficient routines.
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in payroll & benefits processing roles.
- Knowledge of employment laws relating to stats, leaves and overtime pay across Canada, but especially in B.C.
- You are incredibly resourceful and tenacious
- You are a customer service fanatic
- You are passionate about working with people and enjoy building relationships
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Google Docs and ADP WorkForce Now/[email protected] (or similar payroll system)
- Working towards Canadian Payroll Association designation is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal