Culture at Nurse Next Door
We Got Soul! Nurse Next Door Corporate is hiring a Senior Accountant!
Our purpose is Making Lives Better through Happier Aging. We help seniors stay in their homes for as long as they choose, but our real talent is caring and connecting to seniors’ hearts. We have a mission to help seniors continue doing what they love most. We are not just another homecare company fulfilling daily tasks, we are a company that admires people and seeks to make a difference in everything we do. By working at Nurse Next Door you will be part of a growing company that is helping seniors do what they love again.
With 200+ locations in 3 countries and growing, Vancouver-based Nurse Next Door has been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada's fastest-growing companies and Entrepreneur Top 500 Franchise as a home care franchise system dedicated to delivering premium care to our clients. Founded in 2001 based on the personal experiences of Co-Founders Ken Sim and John DeHart, Nurse Next Door is focused on becoming a globally-admired brand.
You embody our four core values: Admire People, Find a Better Way, WOW Customer Experience, and Passionate About Making a Difference.
- Flexible Benefits plans to meet your needs
- Personal and Health Spending Accounts to support your pursuit for wellness
- Competitive base salary
- Profit-sharing bonus plan
- Direct access to the leadership team
- Employee recognition and fun!
As the Senior Accountant with Nurse Next Door Corporate, you will work with a close-knit, business-focused team to support our Clients and Caregivers with their Finance needs. You thrive in a fast paced, self-managed environment when you can put your passion for numbers and a results-oriented approach to good use. As a brand ambassador, you will achieve our larger goal of making Nurse Next Door the most admired global home care brand.
We are looking for a business-minded Senior Accountant who is motivated to lead the execution of the day to day finance function for the rapidly growing, $10 million turnover operation!
- Reports to: Controller
- Cross-Functional Relationships: VP of Corporate Franchises, Corporate Franchise Team, Finance Team
- Direct reports: N/A
- External: Clients, Caregivers and Nurses, Auditors, Advisors
- You LOVE working with numbers and figuring out the story they tell
- You have amazing attention to detail
- You will lead the successful execution of semi-monthly payroll as well as additions and deductions for 300+ caregivers and nurses, using ADP
- You will generate semi-monthly and monthly invoices, process payments (Pre-Authorised Debit, credit card, cheques) and communicate with outstanding accounts for 350+ clients
- You are the face of the business in regards to financial queries from clients and caregivers
- You will reconcile bank accounts and credit card, as well as manage overall cashflow
- You own all Government and Statutory remittances including GST, WCB, EHT and tax instalments
- You will coordinate vendor communication and process vendor invoices for payment
- You will lead the preparation and management of financial statements and weekly metrics, with the support of the Finance team.
Skills & Experience
- CPA is not a requirement, this role is perfect for someone looking to gain experience in a rapidly growing environment and industry
- At least 5 years of experience in full-cycle accounting, accounts payable, account receivable and payroll & benefits processing.
- Knowledge of employment laws relating to stats, leaves and overtime pay across Canada, but especially in B.C.
- You are incredibly resourceful and tenacious
- You are a customer service fanatic
- You are passionate about working with people and enjoy building relationships
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office, Google, and QuickBooks Online
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal