As Nurse Next Door’s Paralegal at HeartQuarters in Vancouver B.C., you will support a rapidly growing organization with your passion for making lives better, a knack for detail and expertise with commercial contracts in the legal field. We are growing – that means more complexity and opportunity for you to apply your knowledge and expertise to support the best franchise partners in the industry, protect our brand and commercial assets and expand internationally. You will support the organization with timely preparation and execution of contracts, monitor and report on various compliance initiatives, manage external legal professionals and ensure Nurse Next Door is able to make informed business decisions. You will support the organization in its vision of becoming the global leader in Senior Home Care in the next 3-5 years.
What you will lead in 2017
- Liaise with sales and leadership to coordinate and lead the preparation and receipt of required franchise documentation for new and existing franchise partners in North America
- Assist with and manage the franchise sale and renewal process and prepare and execute necessary documentation
- Monitor and report on applicable franchise law as well as various compliance initiatives in order to keep the leadership up to speed on most recent franchise law and compliance changes
- Manage and report on any litigation that may arise with the guidance of the leadership team and outside legal counsel
- Lead and manage the effort to protect and maintain our intellectual property including all international trademark registrations and any legal challenges that may occur
- Manage and maintain all corporate records and documentation and ensure our centralized documentation and records system is kept confidential and organized
- Manage and maintain corporate shareholder register and prepare necessary shareholder and board documentation
- Lead the annual insurance renewal process including management of broker relationships and the preparation of insurance applications
- Maintain and prepare board resolutions and shareholder documentation
What you will bring:
- Franchising experience is an asset
- 5 to 7 years-experience in a paralegal role, drafting, discerning, interpreting and preparing legal documents and contracts as required
- Meaningful exposure to commercial litigation
- Proactive thinker and contributor
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented
- Graduated from a recognized Paralegal program in Canada
- Admire People
- WOW Customer Experiences
- Find a Better Way
- Passionate About Making a Difference
- Ability to grow your career
- Family-fun work environment with All Star Parties and Team Events
- Weekly recognition – Heart Star, Flowerbucks (internal money you can trade in for prizes), Dreams Program
- Medical, Dental and Wellness benefits
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Nurse Next Door is located in a wheelchair friendly building.
Email your resume and a brief description explaining why you would be perfect for this role.
We Make Lives Better – so let’s start with yours! Apply to email@example.com
About Nurse Next Door:
Vancouver-based Nurse Next Door is Canada’s fastest growing home care franchise system and is dedicated to delivering flexible, affordable care options to seniors. Founded in 2001 based on the personal experiences of Co-Founders Ken Sim and John DeHart, Nurse Next Door now has over 150 franchise locations across North America and is focused on becoming a globally admired brand.