Culture at Nurse Next Door
Our purpose is Making Lives Better
through Happier Aging
. We help seniors stay in their homes for as long as they choose, but our real talent is caring and connecting to seniors’ hearts. We have a mission to help seniors continue doing what they love most. We are not just another homecare company fulfilling daily tasks, we are a company that admires people and seeks to make a difference in everything we do. By working at Nurse Next Door you will be part of a growing company that is helping seniors do what they love again.
With 200+ locations in 3 countries and growing, Vancouver-based Nurse Next Door has been ranked by Canadian Business and PROFIT as one of Canada's fastest-growing companies and Entrepreneur Top 500 Franchise as a home care franchise system dedicated to delivering premium care to our clients. Founded in 2001 based on the personal experiences of Co-Founders Ken Sim and John DeHart, Nurse Next Door is focused on becoming a globally-admired brand.
As the Accounts Payable Specialist
with Nurse Next Door, you will support our Finance and Corporate Location Teams with the Accounts Payable process. You thrive in a fast paced, self-managed environment where you can put your passion for numbers and an attention to detail approach to good use.
- Reports to: Controller
- Cross-Functional Relationships: Finance Team, Corporate Locations team
- Direct reports: N/A
- External: Vendors, Auditors, Advisors
- Admire People
- WOW Customer Experiences
- Find a Better Way
- Passionate About Making a Difference
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Nurse Next Door is located in a wheelchair friendly building.
- Flexible Benefits plans to meet your needs
- Personal and Health Spending Accounts to support your pursuit for wellness
- Competitive base salary
- Profit-sharing bonus plan
- Direct access to leadership team
- Employee recognition and fun!
- Coordinate invoice submissions and vendor communications for timely processing for all entities.
- Maintain the corporate credit card program and process monthly transactions.
- Process payments (EFT, cheques, wires, bill payments) and expenses.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly GST and Sale tax returns.
- Prepare month-end and quarterly reports relating Accounts Payable, Prepaid/Accrued expenses, Capital expenses and Depreciation/Amortisation.
- Report to Controller and Corporate Locations Senior Accountant on actual spend to budget by category/department.
- Perform periodic reviews of processes & procedures to ensure strong & efficient routines.
Skills & Experience
- CPA is not a requirement, this role is perfect for someone looking to gain experience in a rapidly growing environment and industry
- 1-2 years of experience in an accounts payable role
- Basic understanding of accounting standards (ASPE & US GAAP)
- You are incredibly resourceful and tenacious
- You are a customer service fanatic
- You are passionate about working with people and enjoy building relationships
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office, Google Sage Intacct (or similar ERP system), and QuickBooks Online.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal