Culture at Nurse Next Door
Our purpose is to Make Lives Better through Happier Aging. We help seniors stay in their homes for as long as they choose, and our real talent is caring and connecting to seniors’ hearts. We have a mission to help seniors continue doing what they love most. We are not just another home care company fulfilling daily tasks, we are a company that admires people and seeks to make a difference in everything we do. By working at Nurse Next Door, you will be part of a growing company that is helping seniors do what they love again.
in over 150+ cities in the US and Canada
You will thrive in establishing, maintaining and monitoring the on-premise and cloud infrastructure, backup and disaster recovery. Being the System Administrator, you will be self-led and a fanatic when it comes to IT best practices to increase operations and deploy productivity to internal and external users.
- Hardening of Operating Systems
- Governing, Security and Business Continuity and maintaining backups
- Develop and Maintain monitoring solutions for all Cloud Environments
- Implement security as code automation e.g. cloud firewall deployments
- Lead assessment of company security implementations, identify security issues and prioritize fixes
- Drive automation of solutions to exceed Security Audit requirements
- Drive, build and support company contingency planning
- Company champion for the implementation of security best practices
- Manage and ensure the effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems
- Proactively maintain IT Infrastructure: performance monitoring, security configuration, VM lifecycles, creation and maintenance of VM templates, host patching
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end-users regarding pertinent network activities.
- Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures
- Provide technical support to end-users, managing ticket systems and establishing service level agreements.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
Skills & Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in related position
- Experience with Active Directory, LAN, WAN, and system operational support
- Knowledge in Linux server setup and configuration, Apache Web Server, Microsoft IIS Server, Microsoft Exchange server, and the server virtualization
- Hands-on experience with AWS and GCP cloud environments will be an asset.
- Thorough understanding of fundamental network protocols such as HTTP, TCP, UDP, etc.
- Solid interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, good team work ethic, and demonstrate critical problem solving skills
- Assisting in the development, implementation, and testing of disaster recovery procedures, service outage workarounds, and system safeguards.
- Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments.
- The ideal candidate will have strong Linux/Windows/macOS hardening, lifecycle management, networking, implementation, troubleshooting, and engineering experience